Sunday, June 7, 2009

First day of vacation.
We were awake from 5 am until 11 pm est, those of you that know us can't believe it, I know. We arrived in Denver at noon (2 pm est), saw the big blue bronco as we drove away from the airport. We proceeded to our rental car, the people at Enterprise are the best-I highly recommend them, and drove about an hour to our destination, Estes Park. Estes Park is located at the base of the Rocky Mountains. Our accomodations were not revealed to me until we arrived, and it was a great surprise, the Boulder Brook Cabins in Estes Park. We have the babbling Fall River outside our window to lull us to sleep, & sit outside drinking our morning coffee, which Brent brews, with a little help from Mr. Coffee.



As we ventured out to see the local sights we found Carl the elk grazing on the side of the road. He was actually as close as he looks in the picture, we think he's spent a lot of time around people since he was not scared off by the many tourists taking photos of him.
We proceeded to downtown Estes Park and walked the streets full of shops-love it!! There are an abundance of ice cream shops-yea but bad for the diet. We went into this one shop called Trendy, and it is, where Brent called me in to see the cool purses they had. I know, I couldn't believe he was wanting me to look at more purses. Alas, there was an ulterior motive, to check out the chick in daisy dukes, minus fringe, and black 4" pumps (what was on top was less important). Pretty much everyone in the store was looking at them, just amazed that someone outside of Hollywood would have the nerve to wear that combination, and pull it off successfully. But the purses were way out of my price range.
Of course, we also located Starbucks so Brent could have his daily fix. Dinner was at a dive called Chicago's Best Pizza. Having eaten at some of the best pizza joints in Chicago I can safely say what we ate in Estes Park was not Chicago's best. I'm not sure the health inspector has been there in several years.

1 comment:

  1. Hey
    My best friend from high school's son is a manager of an Enterprise in Denver. When you return the car, look for Matthew Baumgartner.
    I think we stopped at the same place with the snow just about 15 years ago.
    Have an ice cream for me.

    ReplyDelete